Another day down in the books

Started today bright and early.  Well not so bright as it has been a cloudy and gray day.  Actually been dragging today due to the increase in backlafin (muscle relaxer).  Still a lot of tone.  Last night I was awake every 2 hours.  No idea why but I was.

First therapy was at 8-8:30 a.m. with PT Marisa, we did stairs (the scary ones) and walked.  She is a sweetheart.  Loved talking with her.

Had a break and laid down and slept until 11, when OT woke MW up.  Did 5 minutes on the hand bike, then worked on balance an stacking with my uncooperative left hand.  This hand is driving me absolutely nuts. 

Had blood sugar taken was 106.  So went to lunch.  Really didn’t eat much at all. Just didn’t feel hungry. At my table had 2 of the sweetest little ladies sitting with me. Love all the people I have met.

Had OT with Ms Ashley, from 1-2, we went down to the lower level and put together a makeup holder using a container and velcro.  I walked there and back. Upon our return to the stroke gym we  used the Eastman (electric vibrations), and did some stretches. After that I laid with warm blankets around my left hand and left shoulder.  As Ron says I was kind of coasting between sleep and alertness.

At 230 we were able to put on robot arm aka the saebo. We celebrated the fact we were even able to get onto the fingers.  Was able to do about 4 or 5 balls before it got too tight.  We then went back to mat work.

At 3 I was back with Marisa and we walked some more.  Hula came on shift tonight so I said hello, she said something and then told me not to write it into the blog. After I got done with my walking she came by to just say hi.  She has the even rooms and I am in the odd. 

Tonight my nurse and tech are both males, so no shower for me tonight.  Asked Ron to get her earlier than he had planned so I can shower. I am still a fall risk due to my balance.

I am tired tonight. Partly due to the med increase and partly because I busted  my butt.  Am excited to be going home but am nervous as we will be on our own for rehab. Am happy about the walking but frustrated about the hand an shoulder.  Will keep working and working.

My God wink today is that I wore my Abba’s Group T-shirt and got asked a lot of q uestions about it.  I was able to witness and tell what it means,  I love that. Even shared about the youth group and children’s ministry. That always makes it a great day when you share about God’s amazing generous love.

Man I am really tired, eyes keep clising



I am a wife, mother, and pastor. We moved from Bowling Green, Missouri to Idaho Falls in 2016. I am a native of Eastern Washington state. In 2013 I had 2 strokes in 8 days and this is my journey of faith, family and health. I believe no matter what happens in your life that God can use it for His glory.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s