Morning routine

The morning routine has started. Princess n the bath and hopefully washing. Brand on getting dressed and making his noises.  Ron has left to go on his bus route. We have visitors asleep in the family room; foster grandson Nachale and his momma Taylor.  Of course, with them comes a bit of baby daddy drama.

Yesterday was a pain day. Between spasms in the eg and arm, I jarred my shoulder trying not to fall.  Headache is around a 6 today and hit between a 7 and 8 yesterday. Plus my wonderful ear infections are back.  Wonderful woman and her spouse brought us Cornish game hens last night for supper, oh so good! Going to boil the carcasses and make soup.  She also brought a prayer plant in a high heel shoe planter. Hee hee, still getting my shoe fix.

But with all that I was still able with assistance straighten and declutter the living room, kitchen and family room.  Did it in small spurts between naps.  So I never over did it.

Brandon is having a mini meltdown over his lunch. I went to help and he didn’t want my help so I left the kitchen and now he wants help. Brandon lost his tablet already for playing it and not getting ready. Princess is out of the bath, talking away but not yet dressed.  Joys of parenthood, right?

Am concerned that my toes are turning under on my left foot. Makes my walking ackward. Ron worked on straightening them the last few nights. A stroke is not an instantaneous healing overnight or even a few nights.  It is time consuming and your body is ever changing.

Aarrgghh… aren’t listening, surprise surprise. Brandon refuses to be quiet.  Princess is doing some behind the back yoga move to put on her shoes. I bet my hair would be gray if I let it go natural.

Would be easier if I could get up and chase them down. Think they know it too.  Like animals, they can sense your weakness.  And than they can be angels at times; they came to me to do our morning prayer because as Princess said,”It really helps.”

Calling Dr today to renew prescriptions, get in for ear infection, look at the shoulder and my INR. Calling rehab hospital today to get get exercises for the curled toes. We are still waiting for the medicaid, it is still pending. Also contacting papers for a thank you note in them.

Did receive a miracle; our bill from Pike Memorial was paid in full.  Ron said that it might have been self preservation on their part after the initial lack of care.  Good news is it is paid and we do not have to see any attorneys. For me it is a miracle.

Rugrats are out the door.  ‘Chale and Taylor are not yet up. Blissful quiet. Ron has an anti bullying seminar at 8:30 so my shower is on hold until his return.  Would be wonderful to do on my own but still am a fall risk,  would hate to fall in tub and have 911 called; might scare those poor paramedics.

Think I will curl up in bed and do my reading and meditation time.  Be still and know that I am God.



I am a wife, mother, and pastor. We moved from Bowling Green, Missouri to Idaho Falls in 2016. I am a native of Eastern Washington state. In 2013 I had 2 strokes in 8 days and this is my journey of faith, family and health. I believe no matter what happens in your life that God can use it for His glory.

One thought on “Morning routine

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s